Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Mornings...

Well, it seems like the best time I get to sit down and write is Sunday mornings. I enjoy my Sunday mornings to myself. For the time being it is quiet, stress-free and peaceful. It seems my internal clock is set and I wake up anywhere between 6:00am and 7:30am. Today it was a little after 7:00am. As I sit here typing my hubby is still sleeping. I suppose I'll let him get away with this for a few more weeks since Reese isn't here just quite yet! Soon though...all will change!

Yesterday my mom came over while Zac was at work and helped me get some organization done in the nursery. I was pretty organized before she came, but with the lack of a crib, changing table and dresser, there's not much I can do. So we hung up clothes and put larger sizes in plastic bins for later. She bought some cute chocolate brown and teal woven baskets at the dollar store and we put diapers and essentials in those for easy access once we have a shelf or something to set them on. We packed Reese's diaper bag as well as his back-up one for the car. His hospital bag is all packed and ready. His diaper genie is all set up and ready to go. We learned how to put the stroller up and down. Whew...we got a lot done!

The day before, Zac and I installed the carseat in the back seat of my car. My goodness are those things huge! We put it in the middle for easy access, but I can't even see my child from the front seat because it is so high with the base! And poor Zac can't move the driver seat back very far because of the carseat. I thought I had a descent sized car, but now I am shocked at how small the back seat looks!

Since things for Reese are progressing I suppose I should get things done for myself. I have attempted to pack my bag for the hospital so many times and have failed so far. Although, last night I did pull the small luggage piece I want to take out of the closet and emptied out what was in it. Small steps, small steps. I better hurry though because today marks 35 days until Reese's due date! We're very anxious to meet him but only the Lord knows when his birth date will be. So, until then we sit with anticipation and try our best to get our house, finances, and relationships in order. We're about to take a head first, no turning-back leap on the rollercoaster of a lifetime!

2 comments:

  1. I still want you to post about him being a miracle baby : ) I am SO excited for you Amy! You're going to be such a wonderful mama to this little boy!

    ReplyDelete