Thursday, April 2, 2009

Almost there...

Went to the doctor today. He says that last time I was dilated a "fingertip" but this time I am just about 2 centimeters. Also, he stripped my membrane (will spare the males reading this the details) and I am now almost 80% effaced. We scheduled an appointment for Monday, but he says he'd be very surprised if he saw me. Considering he's been doing this for years and has seen this many times, I fully trust his outlook on it. If for some reason my body doesn't progress the way he thinks, that's okay. We'll go Monday for an ultrasound to make sure Reese is in the right position and I have enough fluid, etc. If for some reason I hold out a few more days then on Thursday I'll go in again and we'll discuss induction. We're praying against that! We know that Reese will come on the day the Lord has planned for his birth, but he gave us doctor's for a reason and why not try to help my body progress? We're believing that my body will naturally take over from this point on and by the beginning of next week we'll have a sweet baby boy to cuddle and kiss! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment