Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Stamps cost how much now? I sure hope I get some free prints for this....*wink wink, Shutterfly*

*disclaimer: You will find a lot of links contained within this post as I am trying to earn 50 free Christmas cards from Shutterfly for being a blogger.  Please do not base your commitment to my blog solely upon this post!



I have used Shutterfly for many different events in our family.  I first stumbled upon them around the time Zac and I got married.  I was looking for a place to upload pictures so family and friends could view them and someone told me about Shutterfly.  I moseyed around the site for a bit to make sure that I would be able to share them with others and discovered that the site was so much more than I expected!  I had no idea that we could make different projects, create photo books or even get prints.  From then on out, I have used Shutterfly for multiple gifts, prints and photo cards.


Last year I used them to create our first family of three Christmas card (2010 Christmas Cards stock).  I absolutely loved our Christmas photo cards last year.  We chose a card that allowed us to put 3 pictures on it.  Since Reese was only 8 months old at Christmas time I figured it was a good time to send a progression of his growth to family and friends out of state who had not seen him in awhile or ever.  I really can't decide which picture of the three is my favorite.  Of course, I put three of my favorite pictures of that time on the card.  We only had one really good family picture of the three of us and then we added a few pictures of Reese all by himself.  One really shows his bright personality (him winking) and the other (I just noticed today) displayed his very bare head and chubby face!  Check out last year's Christmas Card.  


I also used them to create Reese's birth announcements and first birthday announcements/invitations (too much cuteness to choose from here).  Eventually, I will be using them again to create gifts such as a calendar to keep all of our important family and friend birthdays in (maybe we'll make daddy a desk calendar like the ones here). 

Since Keely took pictures of us for fall a few weeks ago I have been experimenting with Shutterfly again to get an awesome Christmas card for this year.  The unique difference with our card this year is that our pictures will be in black and white, as opposed to last years' full of color one.  There is just something more beautiful about the look of black and white photos. 


Check back for another post in a few weeks to see the outcome of our 2010 Christmas cards!

Amy : )





No comments:

Post a Comment